The upstairs has four bedrooms, with master suites located on both ends for ultimate privacy. The two master bathrooms will have huge walk in showers and free standing tubs, along with double vanities. The other bedrooms also have ensuite bathrooms, and all of the rooms have direct access to outside porches via large glass sliding doors. The kitchen is oversized, with an accompanying walk in pantry. There is a formal dining room location which will be able to fit a table large enough to accommodate a full house. The living room has a high cathedral ceiling and hideaway sliders, allowing the room to be opened to the outside elements and cooling breezes. One area of the ceiling is recessed to give space for a large modern fan to serve as yet another showcase piece to this high quality home. The pool deck has a built in grill area for parties. The infinity edge pool is front and center at the home entry, accessed through the sliders, making it like one huge room for inside/outside living if desired.
The lower level offers three more bedrooms. However, one of the bedrooms is actually a one bedroom apartment. It can be closed off from the main house and accessed via outside if you would like, or keep it a part of the main home. The downstairs space is extensive and provides access via large glass sliders to the outside porches and Caribbean breezes, keeping it light and fresh even on the lower level. The stairwell is ready for a large dangling chandelier, and gets lots of natural light via upper floor skylights. The goal is to provide a lot of natural light to the home and showcase the stellar views from most every room.
Other notable qualities include, but are not limited to:
• Exceptional quality sliders for each room, by Winguard aluminum. These eclipse the hurricane requirements via Miami-Dade County, offering hurricane protection and no need for hurricane shutters. They have already proven their worth in hurricanes Irma and Maria. Besides protection, they offer effortless sliding and sound proof from outside noise better than any sliders I have seen.
• All plumbing and electrical is already in place
• High tech air conditioning system allows separate temperature control in each room. You can also control the system remotely via Honeywell WiFi remote access via your smart phone or tablet. Or simply use the controls in the room.
• AquaKlear fiberglass septic system is already installed, and discharge may be used for irrigation.
• 50KW Generac Propane Generator is already in place, but not hooked up. There is an accompanying 500 gallon propane tank on property to service the generator. This will assure power protection for long time periods without service.
• Two large (each approximately 26,000 gallons) cisterns will get you through long periods of drought, as that is a lot of water.
• Recessed ceilings in bedrooms, with electric supplied, in order to install or operate electric blinds- or simply hide the hardware for regular blinds.
• Windowless theatre room on the lower level, ideal for watching movies or as a playroom. This could also serve as a “safe room” and is the most secure location in the home from intruders or hurricanes.
• Ideal wine storage area off the lower level half bathroom, with ample space for coolers.
• Large storage room with ample space for owner storage, should you like to use the home as a vacation rental and hide/lock away items solely for your own use.
• Dedicated server/electronics room in which all of your systems can run, with wiring already in place for the equipment.
• Wiring in place to each room for internet, cable, and phone/intercom
• Dedicated desk/printer area (small room) on main level is ideal for vacation rental guests or as a small personal/professional office space
• Huge laundry room gives space for commercial equipment or multiple machines, allowing quick rental turnovers if necessary
• Additional laundry area off the one bedroom apartment
• Palates of plaster already purchased and inside the home, to allow finishing the outside of the home.
• Skylights in various locations offer great natural light thru the home
• Home can be accessed via upper or lower roads, with potential to connect the two upon the property
• Large flat area below the home. This could be used in many different ways, but some ideas are: 1) a driveway that goes from up above around the home and down to the lower road 2) location for large solar array 3) flat play yard where you could install artificial grass and a playground or lounge area.
Once completed, this home is sure to be one of the nicest on the entire island. The views are terrific, the layout outstanding, and it has such flexibility in how it can be utilized. It is being offered at far less than replacement value, and the buyer who finishes it will have substantial equity in the home at that time. It is at the perfect stage for your own design choices while avoiding the hassles of the work that is already completed, saving you both time and money.
Note: It is expected that the buyer will continue to work on the home, and over this time the price may be raised accordingly and the opportunity to choose finishes may disappear. We will intend to occasionally update this document as various work is completed.